Many people are taking up soap making because it is a cost effective alternative to the high street purchases and often people can make soap that they want rather than buying the choice flavors of someone else. So if you would like to start making your own soap and save some money then read the below article to get a feel for what you are getting into.
There are several ways to make soaps but the most common and what many think is the easiest is the melt and pour soap base approach. Here are the essential steps to creating soap this way.
1. Find a really good melt and pour soap base.
2. Prepare your workspace and make sure everything is clean.
3. Cut the soap base into chunks and place into the containers.
4. Melt the soap base either in a glass bowl on hot water or in the microwave.
5. Add the fragrance that you want the soap so smell of.
6. Now it is time to add the colourings to your soap.
7. Mix the soap well but make sure you don’t stir any bubbles of air into it.
8. Pour your soap into the mod.
9. Let the soap set and then remove it from the mold.
10. You do not need to cure the soap this will have already been done.
Only take the above as a rough guide on how to create soap. If you think it looks easy then get a fuller description on how to create soap and make sure you buy the best ingredients. If a soap base looks cheap then it probably won’t be that nice when you have made it. Also remember that it takes time to perfect a skill like making soaps so the first few times might not be great.
One great tip if you are thinking of making soap is make it with the children as a present for someones birthday. It is a lot of fun and also at the end you will have a great gift for a loved on or a friend.
Looking for a quality melt and pour soap base? Then visit Gerard H Darrington’s site.